- Lead the mechanical design for revolutionary head-up display (HUD) products for automotive.
- Develop and prototype advanced mechanical designs for HUDs.
- Design and build proof-of-concept prototypes with passive and active mechanically adjustable systems
- for precise positioning of optical components.
- Design and develop motor-based beam steering systems.
- Understand optical systems and develop mechanical designs based on ray traces.
- Engage with external vendors and generate mechanical design specifications for them.
- Identify best manufacturing process and materials.
• Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of precision mechanical designs
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to transfer optical designs into working mechanical prototypes including
• Extensive experience using Solidworks
• Experience with Finite Element Modeling and simulations (ANSYS or similar)
• Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and drives
• Experience with optical mechanical assembly of components
• Knowledge of machining and optical manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of motors and drive systems
• Knowledge of feedback systems
• Knowledge of ray tracing software such as Zemax is a plus
• Product development experience for automotive is a plus
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org